Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do it for someone else if that's what it takes

Today I got up 30 minutes earlier so I could run 15 minutes. Which is a long time, considering I hadn't done it in a long time (I hadn't blogged either, or done many other healthy things besides work).

I did it because a friend told me that he has severely high blood pressure and that the doctor told him he has the body of a 70-year-old (and he is younger than me). Now, I know you can pray for other people, but I am not really the type. Can you run for people? I told him I would, starting today (which was called tomorrow when I said it). The idea was that he would do something today also, like walking (which is what his doctor told him to do to get started).

Then I looked at Luna, my old lady dog. She probably has the body of a 70-year-old too (she's 8). So I made her come with me. She did a good job. So did I.

And now I feel happy and will have a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment