Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Here is what is different this time

Two days in to Week two of fake marathon training I realize that everything is different this time.

1. I am on a better overall diet. I am a vegetarian, don't eat wheat. Drink (a little) less.
Result: I am about the same starting weight as last time, but I feel much less mushy and bloated.
2. It's the first time I am actually cross-training (riding a bike).
Result: I feel stronger every day and my stride has changed because I am developing muscles I didn't use much in the past.
3. There are no real marathons around when I will be ready for one.
Result: no pressure. Training is just about following directions on a piece of paper. No money is at stake if I don't meet my goal, I can repeat weeks if I feel like it, etc.
4. I have been through labor.
Result: Unless something is broken, all pain has a beginning, middle and an end.  I run or pedal right through it. I am less wimpy.

The shoes, well those are the same as last time, but they seem to be holding up well, and now I can duct-tape them if they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment