Monday, December 5, 2011

Organizing from the inside out

Today is Monday. My favorite day of the week. I decided this year I would keep this day free for me. I teach 3 hours in the afternoon, but in a pleasant place with nice people and a fireplace. I spend Monday morning getting my ducks in a row for the week. I do my new habit of menu planning for the next week or so, I pick up the house, create a schedule for my free-lance work, and make something big and slow in a pot.

Today I am making bean soup. Cooking is a great way to keep me on task because it gives me frequent breaks (for stirring), so I can leave the computer and come back feeling refreshed.

Today I am feeling optimistic about the week, about the holidays. It's all good.

Tomorrow is Saint Nick's day. Here in Trieste he gives big presents to kids. But in our house he will be the Swedish St. Nick, the one who fills your shoes up with little treats. We'll save the presents for Christmas. Saint Nick is also coming to Baby Parking tomorrow, so he already got little Sweetie a little something to open tomorrow with her other teeny friends. Friday she sat on Santa's lap like she knew him all her life. She went to bed SUPER late last night, which bothered me last night, but today she is sleeping in, which gives me even more time to think about my day.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment