Thursday, December 1, 2011

You can do anything for 15 minutes

That's my philosophy this very busy week. I decided to start running again to jump-start my immune system. Today was the fourth day in a row that I ran for over 15 minutes first thing in the morning. I used to run lots more, of course, but that was a couple of years ago. I have not run consistently since I got pregnant, had a baby, and let a year go by.

So now 15 minutes a day is pretty good. I ran the same route each time and took Luna, my dog. How nice to run with her again. The first day it took us 19 minutes to do our loop. Today it took us 16 minutes. When we get below 15, we'll just have to add on a chunk.

I hope to do a longer run this weekend but the important thing is that I started a great morning habit this week.

And I am starting to be able to breath through my nose again.

Coincidence? I hope not. Or, if it is, just don't tell me.

1 comment: