Monday, November 21, 2011

The Accountants are Worse off than me!

I started teaching a Business English class for accountants. Nice people, really, and they are helping me get over my PROBLEM with Italian accountants... They are actually sweet, nice, don't mind talking, not averse to technology (two of them actually check their emails before and after the lesson-- wish MINE did once in a while). Not only that, but they're kind of funny too, and human! I'm glad I decided to take them on!!

But they make me sad, too. Because they all have something in common. People don't pay them. Sometimes they have to wait one or two years to get paid for their work.

Which makes me think. What the hell am I doing paying my accountant on time?? I could wait a couple of years and let that money work for ME!

No. I wouldn't do that. But many people do, apparently. Most of them are small and medium businesses because they pay their employees first, suppliers and service providers last. I wonder how they stay afloat. That will be my next question for them.

I will let you know what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment