Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The other reason I didn't care about my phone

The phone I have is this one here, only black. It cost 30 euros. No, it was free, since my grandma bought it for my husband and then he gave it to me when we got a coupon for 10 euros off the same phone (hence, that one was 20 euros). Sure, it's low-tech so I would have had to re-insert those important numbers, but really, changing phones gives me a chance to purge numbers I don't use.

Plus, I knew I could keep my old phone number. So, no biggy. I would have probably cried if I had an expensive phone like an iphone (which in Europe means you pay full price for it-- we don't have those special deals for 2-year contracts and neat phones).

By the way, I get to look (not so) cool using my hand-me-down ipod touch (it was my mom's free with her computer, she gave it to my brother, who got an iphone and gave it to me, so I'm the third owner), which I use to check my email when I can find wifi (which in Trieste is not easy. We have it at our Association even though the Italian government wouldn't let us do a hot spot because of "security reasons" effectively keeping Italy in the stone age, while in Slovenia, even restaurants owned by old people have wi-fi free for anyone). Anyway just having it balances out my loser factor of the phone pictured here and makes me look somewhat up-to-date (in an out-of-date way).

Our cousin Paolo was still in the hotel when they found it so he's got it and is on his way back to Trieste on the train with it. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment