Monday, August 1, 2011

Ever try FINISHING all that food you have in your house?

That's what I am doing this week. Since we are leaving for a two-week Stateside vacation on Friday, I have decided not to buy any groceries at all this week. Not even as an excuse to spend money. Nope. I am making do!

Here's what I have left in my fridge besides condiments (ran out of peanut butter today, so it's definitely time for a trip to Wisconsin).

Yogurt (baby will eat that nasty stuff), some petrified carrots, half an onion, boxed wine (I use it for cooking, I swear), milk.

In my freezer there is some miscellaneous meat including ground beef.

In my food pantry there is; coffee, pasta, jelly, and tea, and some baby food (for when I'm lazy or when I'm trying to eat all the food in the house). Magic ingredient. POTATOES!!

In my cupboard there is some flour, crackers, melba toast.

Here's what's on the menu for tonight. Gnocchi (note to self: google the recipe for gnocchi without egg), meat sauce (Hmm. No tomato sauce, must make the white kind). This should give us enough food for tonight and lunch tomorrow. For tomorrow night I will have to get creative. I think I saw a bag of dry navy beans. What can I do with those? I have until tomorrow to think about it.

Finishing what you've got forces you to be creative. Try it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could send you the frozen raclette cheese in my freezer. It would be so yummy with those taters!

    ReplyDelete