Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Want some Inspiration?

Speaking of zones, which I was writing about this morning. The fact that I mentioned the exercise that I was neglecting was enough to inspire me to throw on a pair of shorts (the kind that make you feel like a pro), my favorite exercise hat, and my vibrams (that also make me feel like a pro), grab the stroller (I realized that the baby is just too big now for the baby bjorn. Actually she fits in it just fine, but it's killing my back. Baby's gotta grow up I guess), the leash, the baby, and the beast and briskly walk out the door.

We took a nice 30-minute walk together. Mind you, it was a walk, not a run. A couple of years ago I would have thought this was a little wimpy, especially since I have a kick-ass running stroller, but sometimes it's about baby steps. I knew it was too hot for the dog for a run, and usually that would be my excuse to sit on my duff and do other things. Really I didn't feel much like running either, but I did want the satisfaction of doing something healthy for me and fun for the baby. So a walk, it was. 


Speaking of getting off your duff...
A huge source of inspiration for me is this blog here . I just LOVE the DIRT DIVA. Whenever I feel a little down or lazy, I go to her site and read things like this: 

I finished in 8:19 didn't think I could be so slow running a 50k but after falling and having run a hundred miler the week before I was happy I made it. 

She is just so cool. 


1 comment:

  1. Awww.....partner. You got off your duff and walked. Have you watched my Daily Mile? All I do is walk and bike. Feeling like a slouch is my mode of operation! (three years ago, we were awesome and we STILL are!)

    You are still my best bloggin, marathonin, kick-assin PARTNER.

    ReplyDelete