Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm not the Only One

Since I started trying to turn my sinking ship into lemonade, or, when I took over a non-profit that was 40,000 euros in the hole last year, I have been putting out fires (first of which was an eviction notice. With help from some very nice people, we got that taken care of by doing a lot of begging, establishing a payment plan, and taking responsibility. We were able to get a new contract for 6 years to come up with another plan and I am happy to say that if we live until December, our Association will be officially out of debt for the first time in 30 years). Other fires included lawsuit threats, a couple of stalkers, you know, the usual. If you can imagine it, I have probably dealt with it over the last year.

I have also been reading about management, personal finance, being successful, anything to get some ideas on how to save our library/cultural Association/language school. A lot of the books are older, since they're library books that have entered our library any time over the last 50 years.

Here's what I'm reading today:
Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt by Harvey Mackay

The title of chapter 4: "YOU'RE A LOT BETTER OFF BEING SCARED THAN BEING BORED"

Isn't that chancey?

No comments:

Post a Comment