Monday, October 17, 2011

10 minute crappy art project lives up to name

I promised myself I would take 10 minutes a day to do some crappy art, since I felt like I wasn't using my hands for anything useless anymore, and it was time to.

So I took a ball-point pen and my journal and doodled for 10 minutes. It was great, my only rule was to respect my time limit and to fill up the page. At the beginning I was a little blocked like I sometimes am when I start writing, so I just drew what I saw around me. Baby toy, baby bottle, then some waves and lines and leaves and I connected them with my new experimental fake liberty font hand-writing. I felt like I was in middle school again, doodling during classes. And since it wasn't a special pen or anything, there was no expectation that it had to be anything other than crap. No pressure. Just doodling and getting it out.

I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment