Thursday, October 20, 2011

Garage not such a good investment

The trend around these parts over the last couple of years has been to buy up small garages and parking spaces and rent them out. Low maintenance and there is definitely a market for parking... if you can get one at a decent price.

At last night's financial group for fun meeting (I need to come up with some kind of catchy name for it) we found out that a small garage downtown Trieste is going for 65,000 euros!! A parking space nearby is going for 55,000! How long would it take to get your money back on that investment?? According to one member's calculations, only 40 years!

Hmmm. Don't think I will be jumping on that bandwagon anytime soon! The trick seems to be to INHERIT a parking garage or take a groundfloor warehouse and convert it into a garage for several cars. That could make sense.

2 comments:

  1. io pensavo fosse un buon investimanto :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo sorry I missed the group. I need an update!!!!! I was at the dentist in Croazia yesterday (which was a good investment:) I came back to late to join the group and today I worked 8:30 to 20:30. I need a positive cash flow that keeps flowing without me teaching full time. So... let's keep meeting.

    ReplyDelete