Friday, October 21, 2011

Ok Let's be fair here

I did not mean to say that garages IN GENERAL are not a good investment. I meant to say that THIS PARTICULAR GARAGE might be a little pricey.

I just don't think the 65,000 euro garage or 55,000 euro parking spot is a great investment when you can rent a spot for about 120 euros per month on the next block. Even considering appreciation would you ever really get your money back on that one?

Now, if you got, say, a 15,000 euro parking spot somewhere just a little bit out of town (but will soon be considered in town), it might make more sense.

If I had 65,000 euros, sigh, I would probably want to buy a small studio apartment downtown and rent it out. Perhaps that would appreciate in value just a bit more (but cost more to maintain as well). And, as long as there are apartments in that price range and as many Italians are living alone as there are, it just seems a little more sexy as an investment opportunity.

But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment